Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Taking it back to the old school...

Okay so for fun I thought I'd show you guys a lamp I made in Lighting class in college :) First I've got some pics of things I had to dismantle to get the parts I needed... Below you'll see a rotating lamp that Devin is enjoying...
Okay before we go any further let me point out that I did not demolish this lamp just for the project... he had already cracked the outside and removed the picture from the inside (he's just a little like his momma... he likes to demolish... I just need to teach him how to put it all back together LOL)

The torchiere above met it's demise because I needed the glass bowl at the top... but don't feel sad... it assured me that it didn't mind taking one for the team :) Now, below is a picture of everything right before assembly...
Aside from the rotating parts from Devin's lamp and the top of the torchiere, you'll see a couple of other things in the picture above. I taped together 3 of my favorite photos of Fred Ataire and Ginger Rogers to sit on top of the torchiere part. The frosted mylar sheet in the back will go over the top of the pics to protect them. Plus I put a decorative border on the mylar to hide the seams where the pictures were taped together.
Above is a pic of the torchiere glass sitting on top of the rotating base.
Assembly time...
Above is just the pics on the base before the mylar sheet
below is the final product
All done and ready to dance...
Here's a little video of it in action

8

No comments: