Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Impulse candelabra...

Most things I do are completely on impulse... which typically means I frequently forget to photograph the "before" of whatever it is I am working on... it's like a frenzied flash of lamp parts and spray paint, or glass and epoxy. Then I emerge from the fumes and disorder and realize... dang... I did it again.
The following is a product of that "impulse." I've tried to find pics of what the pieces closely resembled before I started just to give you a basis for comparison but they are not the actual pieces I used...
got it... okay... here we go...
 I bought 2 lamps like the one pictured above... $2 dollars a piece... the 3rd one I bought looked exactly like this one but had 3 decorative sockets for 3 small bulbs at the very top ($2 as well.) You can see them at the very top of the pic below. On an earlier trip I had picked up a colonial style 3 arm chandelier ($4). Couldn't find a good pic but it was beat up and old. It had wood in the middle with three brass arms... I disassembled everything, took out all the wiring and then threaded it all back together as one piece...
3 cans of .98cent glossy black spray paint later... oh and a few crystals cause I like-ah-the-bling...


I got to use it at a wedding I decorated!! Shout out to Caitlin Cook for trusting me to decorate her wedding!!  She gave me her vision and completely trusted me to communicate it! Love you Caitlin!

So again... apologies for the lack of before pics :(  Libby, my daughter, now reminds me to take pics when I bring anything home that might end up in the lab ;)




No comments: