Saturday, May 12, 2012

Rescue, Redemption, and Realization of Worth...

Okay so it's pretty clear that I need to work on my blogging skillzzz... I haven't posted every day like I had planned... I haven't even posted very regularly which is something you kinda need to do if you want to have a blog that people want to check out regularly... geeeeeez most of the time I don't even remember to take before pictures of most of my pieces which is kinda important when you take trash and discards and turn them into pieces of art. It's important for people to see the transformation in order to understand the themes that flood my art... which are rescue, redemption, and realization of worth.... I'm posting three of my recent pieces and I honestly had every intention of taking pictures of all the pieces and parts that went into all three but so many times inspiration hits and before I know it the piece is finished and I'm kicking myself because I took NO before pictures... I'm pledging to do a much better job of documenting the process... which I truly believe gives insight into who I am and why I create...







2 comments:

Steam Tea Travels said...

LOVE your fairy tale one! Gorgeous work! But they're all very very well assembled. Assemblage and collage are best done on the fly at times. Maybe we don't need pics of every step in your process? After all, you are inclined to improvise, and that sometimes means we mustn't pause.
Love your work!
Rose

Michelle Sweatt said...

Oh Rose you are so correct!!!! Thank you so much for the reminder! Sometimes I don't even see the steps as they're passing LOL I greatly appreciate the compliments as well :-)